Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We’d love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don’t have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It’s a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
This week’s prompt is a Fandom Freebie — top ten fandoms I’m in, 10 reasons X fandom is the best, must have merchandise for x fandom, etc. etc.. I decided to go with a mash-up of some of the different prompts for my list.
- Fandom I’m in: World of Warcraft– This is probably the one I am the most proud of, and the one I’m probably the most obsessed with. The community for the game is great, and I’ve made a lot of friends in it over the years. I love this game so much that I used it as a topic for my final thesis for my early childhood education degree! While I no longer am able to play the game, I do still enjoy the books and merchandise!
- Fandom I’m in: Star Trek– This fandom is a very close second to World of Warcraft. Used to be that it was my #1 fandom, but the reboots kind of killed that for me. I still remember walking around my high school in my Next Generation Command/Red Shirt Uniform on Halloween, and being made fun of for it. I never cared, though, because I felt that the members of that crew were my friends, and I was proud to represent them.
- Fandom I’m in: She-Ra: Princess of Power– Yup, child of the 80s here! This was one of the first of the Kick-Ass heroines, letting girls know it was ok to be a strong woman. I love this show even as an adult and have gotten my son interested in it as well. He actually prefers it to He-Man, and I’ve had him watch both shows!
- Must Have Merchandise: Funko Pop Figures– These figures tie into a wide range of fandoms, and I think they are totally cute as well! Priced reasonably when available, I’ve seen them climb into the hundreds of dollars for a small $10 figure!
- Must Have Merchandise: World of Warcraft Faction gear– In World of Warcraft, one of the first things you have to do in character creation is choose a race and faction. The faction is an integral part of your identity, and there is a constant conflict between the two factions. Even if you choose the Pandarens, the game’s mostly neutral race, by the end of your beginning leveling quest journey, you must choose which faction to join, as you’re leaving the traveling island and going out into the wide world of Azeroth. What better way is there to show your faction allegiance out in the real world but with some faction specific gear! There are many items that showcase this, but here are a couple, Alliance being on the left and Horde being on the right:
I’m at a loss as to what to come up with for the rest of this post, so I think I’ll leave it here for the time being and come back to it later…