Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We’d love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
This week’s prompt is a Cover Theme Freebie: literally anyyyything about covers….top ten covers that scream Spring, ten books with ice cream on the cover, ten books with blue covers, etc. etc. THIS ONE COULD BE REALLY FUN and I can’t wait to see how creative your lists are!
Covers are always changing, though, like when a publishing house goes defunct and the author gets the rights to the book reverted back to them and republishes the book independently. Or like when the author adds new content to the book, welp, better recover that bad boy! So, I present my top 10 favorite covers!
- This cover has never changed, ever! It’s classic Next Gen Trek, and tells you everything you need to know about the book in one look.
- While this is one of the covers that have changed like a chameleon, there is something about this one that always grabs me. I actually like the artistry of all the covers in the series similar to this one.
- Again, another chameleon cover, but I love the fact that it actually became the iconic symbol for the series.
- I have to claim him as my favorite Jedi hero, and with this cover, so much is conveyed about him. This cover has nagged at me for well over a year now, and I’ll be sitting down with this one later this month. I can’t wait!
- While this may not be the final cover for the book, I have to say that I am struck by how well Carrie Fisher’s Iconic performance is captured by it. This is one I want to read!
- All of the covers of this series have this timeless quality to them, making me drawn to them time and again.
- This cover just says it all about this character, hints at who he is, his methods. Simple, yet powerful.
- This book screams “this is childhood” to me. I still have my copy of this from when I was a little girl, and nothing is more comforting to me than seeing it from time to time.
- This cover is so simplistic, yet so evocative. Most of the covers of the series are like this, and they’ve always drawn me in.
- To me, the simple covers are the best ones and what better way to showcase this than with a cover for an Amish romance? Simple, yet I can see longing, and hope, just from the images provided. It makes the book stick with me, long after turning its pages.