Tasty Thursdays is a weekly blog challenge where you get to think back on your week and pick the tastiest thing you ate. It can be for any meal, homemade or store-bought. Feel free to share a picture, a recipe, or where you got it from!
I’ve loved pesto for ages now, but thought it too insanely expensive to purchase or create at home. With the opening of a new grocery store near me, I was able to find some inexpensively, so I made this for dinner last week, and my husband loved it! My son, not so much….
Photo by Dine & Dish
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 1 hr 10 mins
- Servings: 8
About This Recipe
“This was my daughter’s favorite dish (along with some of her friends). She enjoyed it so much that we had to make it a weekly recipe.”
- 1 package pesto sauce mix
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices provolone cheese, cut in half
- 1 (4 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms
- Prepare pesto sauce according to package direction.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray rectangular dish (9 by 12 inch) with no-stick spray.
- Moisten chicken with water, shake off excess, and coat complete with bread crumbs.
- Place chicken in baking dish.
- Spread pesto sauce evenly over chicken breasts.
- Cover each breast with ½ slice of provolone cheese.
- Spread mushrooms over cheese.
- Bake in oven for 45- 50 minutes.
- Serve with pasta.
I used Tyson Parmesan Herb breaded chicken tenders in place of the breadcrumbs and raw chicken listed here. Prepare according to package directions, adding pesto and cheese as listed above.